Monday, January 26, 2009

merrily rolling along.

I went through processing at the school district today. it was daunting and nerve-wracking, but 2.5 hours later, I was officially given the green light to start teaching AND get paid. putting those two factors together is a foreign and awesome concept for me.

wrapping things up at the sierra club is tough. it feels weird to be packing up shop after 2 years of hard work and great friendships. olivia and i are moping around being sad but also promising to stay friends. mary is totally going to miss me but she is showing it through frustration and taking it out on me. it makes me love her more. no one could ask for better bosses.

i have been somewhat maniacally gathering little goodies for my students. i already bought them the coolest valentines ever (2 words: Fun Dip). i just cannot wait to meet them!!!

there aren't words to explain what is happening in my heart and in my life right now. i am fighting for all of the things that are most important to me -- and i am winning. i am so blessed with a healthy brain and a strong heart, an incredible family and inspiring friendships, and last but not least hilarious and loving pets that remind me to let go and laugh at least 47 times a day. lucky, lucky me. :)

1 comment:

House of Smiths said...

yeay! congrats. It will be so rewarding for you to actually get PAID to do, what you are good at! I'm happy that everything is working out for you.
Good luck, you'll do a great job!
Shelley