Friday, May 2, 2008

Poor little Ava




Well, they say when it rains it pours, and sadly my little tot pup forgot her umbrella.

While frolicking with her sister outside this morning, Ava ran under a bush and came out whincing in pain. He leg was split open right up the side. After nearly getting sick from looking at it and panicking a little, I drove her to the animal hospital with one hand on the wheel and one hand applying pressure to her boo-boo. It was gushing blood, and she was so calm and so brave. I carried her into the vet and the sweet girl at the front desk was sure to find me MY doctor immediately (if Leavengood had walked in I would have said "...it's not THAT much of an emergency!" He probably would have suggested I euthanize her!) So my vet made me feel much better, said it looks a lot worse than it is. He wrapped it up for now and will put her under and stitch it up this afternoon. He was just so great. Not to mention my front-desk friend (we see a lot of each other!) moved my car for me, which I had left on with the door open, blocking everyone in because there were no spots!

I should be able to pick her up this after 4:30. I'll keep my blog updated with pictures of her bandaged up in her e-collar. Here is a preview of what it will look like (aka Gabby in the same situation 3 years ago :))

1 comment:

House of Smiths said...

Oh my gosh, that picture is SO sad. :(