Wednesday, May 7, 2008

This just in

I just got my grades and I officially have a 4.0 in the program! Perhaps even more victoriously, I received flowers and a card -- and a coupon for a free hug -- from each of my students. This was such an incredible experience, and I am really looking forward to next semester. I just wish it could start in two weeks instead of next Tuesday :)

In other news, Ava is doing great! She was very sore last weekend, and was walking totally on three legs! But by Sunday afternoon she was back to her old self and wanted to play rough with Gabby. As a result I ended up leaving Gabs at my parents' house for the week as I foresaw those stitches ripping right out during their tumble sessions. Ava has been content for the most part with lying around while I work. She doesn't have to have her cone on as long as I'm watching her, which is most of the time. The saddest part of the day comes when we're cuddling close at night, and then right before I turn off my light I have to wake her up and slip the e-collar on. It's so pathetic, but it's better than taking the chance on her chewing the stitches out! And she still manages to sleep completely under the covers WITH the collar on, which would be an interesting sight to see if anyone walked into my room in the middle of the night! Anyway, the stitches should be coming out on Monday.

Lastly, there is still plenty of house drama going on. If it's not one thing, it's another. If it's not one disaster-house, it's another. Sorry to be so cryptic, but what's the point in getting excited or unexcited right now?

No comments: