Friday, November 14, 2008

WOOHOO!!!

I had my last observation EVER today and I rocked it!! I gave a lesson comparing and contrasting Lincoln and Kennedy with the group of girls that are much further below grade level. I had some big behavior problems (probably because there was a sub there today) that I didn't know totally how to deal with, but I wasn't afraid to get angry and threatening after several (5-6) "Quiet please, Jane"'s. And it worked! As my supervisor pointed out, it's hard to come into a class that already has behavior plans set up by another teacher and be able to immediately take over without knowing those rules, expectations, and consequences. So I may have done the best for what I was dealing with.

Anyway, I got great scores and I got my overall scores for the entire Practicum, which were really shockingly high. She said I'm ready. I can't believe it. I am ready.


Next comes this:



Then this:



And finally, a cross between this:



And this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go TeacherSees!!!! <3

House of Smiths said...

CONGRATS! You ROCK!
Shelley