Monday, March 3, 2008

The good life

I find it hilarious that you guys see me as "having a life". Here is my life:

Monday: Wake up, shower, walk dogs, work 9-4:30, school 5:30-9:40, bed.
Tuesday: Wake up, shower, walk dogs, work 9-5, school 5:30-8:15, American Idol, bed.
Wednesday: Wake up, shower, walk dogs, teach 8:30-11, work 11-6:30, NIGHT OFF! = make dinner, walk dogs, early bed.
Thursday: Wake up, shower, walk dogs,
Thursday: Wake upm shower, walk dogs, work 9-4:30, school 5:30-8:15, LOST, bed.
Friday: Wake up, shower, pack for parents' house, walk dogs, teach 8:30-11, work 11-6:30, pick up dogs, sleepover at parents' house.
Saturday: Wake up, walk dogs, do homework, nap, eat late lunch, babysit, bed.
Sunday: Wake up, shower, walk dogs, church, homework, go to dog park, dinner, bed.

If having a life means not having a single free second, yes indeed I really really have a life! But I like to think of having a life as making enough to survive on and still having time for the things you love. Well, I love teaching but I only get to do it 5 hours a week. I love my dogs and I don't get nearly as much time with them. I love eating out but I don't have the money. I love my friends but so many are so far away.

I am kind of making a point, but I am certainly trying not to complain, even though it does sound like it a lot! Because I KNOW this is a means to an end.

During orientation for this school program, no one underestimated how crazy we will go. In fact, someone said that one student found herself hiding under her bed. I have to say that considering how bad I COULD be feeling, I'm doing pretty good!

No comments: